Saturday, December 15, 2012

The 60th thing. I'VE MISSED YOU

SO MUCH! IT'S BEEN AGES SINCE I'VE BEEN ABLE TO WRITE ANYTHING HERE! First I was really busy and even when I wanted to write something with the little free time I got, my web browser just wouldn't open the page! I recently reset the modem settings and now my wifi is called Rafa :D

    There are so many things to say. I guess I should start with the earliest things that I can remember. Since it was April since the last time I wrote, the project work was on full swing then. We completed the MATLAB code for object detection and even got started on object recognition. We tried to port to the DM64something processor (god I can't believe I've forgotten, oh yeah! DM642!) so we got working on Simulink for that. Also I suddenly felt Meena ma'am was Shridhar sir's wife and got terribly excited about that but then she wasn't :P We'd even entered ourselves into a project competition and we realized how ill prepared we were. It was a shock that we deserved! And we even set out to write a paper regarding our project (where something truly disappointing happened). Few of the memorable times we've had was when we decided to take a temporary printout to Prof. Bhaktha and while coming back from the xerox shop to Gulduji's car, we got drenched from head to toe. Hated that wet feeling :( and after all that, we caught Prof. B just about to leave and he smiled awkwardly and said he didn't want to see us "coming and drenching" ;) so the next time we met him we were completely dry. I thought writing the report would be easy but it was absolutely painful. I was amazed at how sharp Prof. B's powers of observation were; he noticed tiny things that escaped us and I really liked that he was such a perfectionist. It was a pain and pleasure to comb through the report and try to make sure every letter and paragraph followed the rules. It was exhausting. I think that day we stayed in Anushree's house and tried to finish off the report and also the paper. We decided that Anushree would drop Supreeth and me to coll where I'd left my bike near McD, and then she would get back home. But we kept post-poning the time we had to leave. 8 PM turned to 9, when we forced Chunts to go home on her Hayabusa, to my disbelief 10, and finally to my utter disbelief 11 PM when we finally left her house. Sup drove the car till McD and that's when I took over the car and he rode my gaadi home. Something very strange happened when I was driving. The road I take after Srinivasa's cool corner was a small diversion from the main road and was completely dark. The car's headlights were the only sources of light. I had to slow down at a hump when I thought I saw something slither across to the middle of the road very quickly, and stop right there and look at the incoming car. I was stunned, as I drove right over the thing! Not on the creature but well the car's underbelly would've acted as a ceiling to that thing for a moment. And my imagination kicked in, and I wondered if that thing had intentionally slithered to the middle of the road when it saw the car, waited for the car to pass over it where it would somehow get hooked on to the car and sneak inside. I was a little tensed and thought I had to tell Gulduji about it as soon as I got back home. (I did days later when I remembered about it and she just laughed :P).

I remember when Chunts, Gulduji and I went to college in the morning with the intention of getting the report printed, and we met RH Ma'am who mentioned few formats to us, and we sat in classroom 104 in the classroom block. We still weren't done when it was four or six in the evening and Gulduji had to leave cuz of some errand, and Chunts and I stayed and I was surprised at her determination to see this thing through to the press (or rather the xerox shop). We then went to the xerox shop at around seven or seven thirty and stayed there till our first ever copy was printed. 8 P.M.
-------
I should be updating this post till the present but I don't have the time to right now but I don't want to miss out on the fresh present either so I'm going to continue posting new posts and editing this one at the same time :)
     

No comments: